- Do you use Excel for just about everything you do?
- Do you find yourself creating multiple versions of your data to get the reports you need?
- Do you copy and paste data from one sheet to the next to pull only the data your team is allowed to see?
- Do you need metrics about your project or event in order to make decisions?
- Have you ever wondered what the fuss is about with Pivot Tables?
If you answered yes to any of the above, it’s time to learn and master the most powerful and underutilized tool in Excel: Pivot Tables! They sound so intimidating but you’ll be surprised how easy it is to create a Pivot Table so that you can produce meaningful reports from one list with just a few clicks.
Join Microsoft Certified Trainer and former business/data analyst Vickie Sokol Evans
to learn how to create Pivot Tables. You’ll get better insights into your data so that you can make decisions, reduce embarrassing mistakes in your reporting, and of course, save hours in your day. You’ll have greater confidence in your work, in the accuracy of your reporting and in your skills. Not only will you be more productive, you’ll deliver better looking reports and have more time now to focus on what matters most — not sitting for hours in front of a spreadsheet (unless you’re admiring your awesome work).
This is a 2-Part course. In Part 1, Vickie will show you how to create Pivots from various types of data. Part 2 will focus on troubleshooting common problems and outline the bad habits we have that cost us hours in our day and mistakes in our work.
You don’t want to miss this class!
- Discover why Vickie calls Pivot Tables the “bacon” of Excel
- Begin with the end in mind: view example Pivot Tables to see what is possible and the benefits of creating Pivot Tables
- Understand when to create a Pivot Table
- Create and modify your Pivot Tables
- Understand what to do when you have new or modified data
- Discover cool Pivot Table tricks to get better insights and reduce mistakes
- Increase your confidence in your skills and the accuracy of your reports
- Streamline your data gathering and reporting process
- Eliminate the risk of exposing confidential information
- Start producing accurate reports and gain better insights with just a few clicks
Types of Data Vickie will be using
- Sales Transactions
- Guest List
- Attendee List
- Employee List
- Customer List
- Store Locations
- and more!
“Just finished with the Excel Pivot webinar with Vickie. Vickie is gold! The presentation and her enthusiasm is absolutely amazing. I look forward to the next webinar.”
“Having already taken a couple of sessions with Vickie, I knew how good she was. From the smallest and quickest of tips, can make so much difference in every day to day work but then we you start to get in to the more complex tasks, excel tables / pivots, the possibilities are endless. It really is JAW-DROPPING!!!”
“In over 40 years in this business, this is the first training I can truly say every aspect of the course is relevant to everyday work. Never thought I would say I am excited about Pivot tables.”
“Fabulous webinar! All the employees I pass this opportunity to email me back with nothing but great words, excitement, and say how useful it was. They just wished they’d learn this information sooner!”
- Module 1: Example Pivot Tables
- Module 2: When to create a Pivot Table
- Module 3: Create your first Pivot Table
- Module 4: Anatomy of a Pivot Table
- Module 5: Modify your Pivot Table
- Module 6: When data changes
- Module 7: Cool Pivot Table Tricks
Also included in the course:
- Homework assignment to help reinforce your learning
- 24 x 7 x 365 access to the recording
- Vickie’s slides in PDF format
- Certificate of Completion: Every participant will receive a Certificate of Completion! Don’t forget, HR doesn’t know you did this training unless you show them. You worked hard. Reap the rewards!
- For Academy members only: you can submit your questions and homework during the next Office Hours session with Vickie
Why attend a RedCape online course?
- Practical, real-world content you can immediately apply
- Valuable time spent in class results in 1.5 hours of time saved per week. That’s 78 hours per year!
- Engaging instructor w/ live Q&A
- High retention rate
- Recording is always included
- 99% of previous attendees recommend RedCape sessions
- 100% of IT pros recommend RedCape sessions for end users
How this course affects the bottom line
- Improve Productivity, Processes & Efficiency
- Employees working on fewer things done better
- Simple best practices can be implemented immediately to improve and streamline processes
- For those training their entire team, consistent work habits among the team (vs one or two people)
- Sustainable productivity throughout the organization even after one session
- Improve Employee Effectiveness & Morale
- Teams now know what tools to use to get the job done and how to use them
- Creates a buzz around the office
- Life-changing skill building and increased confidence
- Employees take pride in their work
- Employees can’t wait to get back to their desks to try out their new skills and they can’t wait to come back to class to learn more
- Improve Results, Brand & Reputation
- Practical and relevant skills employees can implement right away
- Better and more professional work results
- Best practices allow for consistent look and feel across all deliverables
- Your reports will look better than your competitors!
- Reduce Time, Effort & Costs
- Elimination of bad habits and unessential work
- Streamlined and reduced labor-intensive tasks to save valuable project time
- Reduced support costs
- Reduced need to employ outside help
- Greater insights in less time
- Increase Technology ROI
- Employees learn to use more than the average 13% of the technology
- Renewed energy and excitement about the technology
- ROI of $840/year/employee in time savings* (@$35/hour)
- Reduce Risk, Errors & Complaints
- Reduced errors in your reporting
- Reduced security risks
- Reduce complaints by internal and external colleagues about unnecessary mistakes, missed deadlines, and unprofessional results
$197 USD Non-Academy Members
$0 Academy Members
$300 USD Academy Membership + this Course & other member benefits
Technology: Microsoft Excel
Applies to PC versions: Office 2010, Office 2013, Office 2016 and
Mac versions: Office 2011, Office 2016
Date: Tuesday, November 15th 12:00PM – 1:30PM Eastern
Total Learning Hours: 1.5 hours
- Executive, personal, and virtual assistants
- Business owners and solopreneurs
- Financial professionals and analysts
- Event planners
- IT Pros/Trainers
- HR Professionals
- Marketing & Sales Professionals
- Anyone who uses Excel
Want to Train Your Team?
You’ll want the single-site license to this course so that you can broadcast the session in a conference or training room. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information about a single-site license for your office. Not only will you be able to train multiple teams unlimited times with a site license, but you’ll also save over 60% off the price of a live, on-site session with Vickie.
Attention Mac Users!
Although Vickie will be demonstrating the features using Excel for Windows, the same exact concepts apply to a Mac platform. When Mac is significantly different from the PC, we will include resources for you in the Library for you to access with the replay. Vickie is a 20-year Mac user too! So she can help you master this important feature no matter what platform you are using.
Working towards Certification?
This course may be eligible for CEU/CPE/CLE credit. Consult the rules of your employer, licensing board, or certifying body if the continuing education credit may be earned for participating in this event and how credit may be utilized. After completing the course, you will be provided an Attendance Verification letter as a proof-of-attendance form.