- Do you use Excel for just about everything you do?
- Do you find yourself wasting time trying to get the formatting in your spreadsheet to behave?
- Do you want to see dates and numbers in various formats or even custom formats?
- Do you need ways to clean up your data?
If you answered yes to any of the above, it’s time to learn and master basic formatting tricks in Excel!
Join Microsoft Certified Trainer and former business/data analyst Vickie Sokol Evans
to learn how formatting in Excel really works so that you can improve your response time and accuracy, help you see the data better, and give you confidence in your work. Not only will you be more productive, you’ll deliver better looking reports and have more time now to focus on what matters most — not sitting for hours in front of a spreadsheet (unless you’re admiring your awesome work).
You don’t want to miss this class!
- Learn various number formatting tricks that will save you time and allow you to report the data in different ways
- Understand how data types affect what you can and can’t do in a cell
- Use font and alignment formatting correctly so that you’re not creating more work for yourself and others
- Use functions to change formats and clean up your data
- Understand the difference between the actual value in a cell and what you see
- Learn how Excel stores dates and the various ways you can display dates using built-in and custom formats
- Format currency using various international currency symbols
- Learn why Excel drops zeros in your postal codes and how to prevent it
- Create special formats to automate data entry and ensure consistency in your data
- Use table formatting to instantly format a range of data
- Check out Styles in Excel and use Theme formatting to automate the colors and fonts throughout your spreadsheet
- and more!
Types of Data Vickie will be using
- Event & meeting data
- and more!
“I really enjoy the way you present. You really understand how to present complexity in a manageable way. Thanks to you I now live in tables. You complete me! :)”
“Fabulous webinar! All the employees I pass this opportunity to email me back with nothing but great words, excitement, and say how useful it was. They just wished they’d learn this information sooner!”
- Module 1: Number Formatting
- Module 2: Font & Alignment
- Module 3: Tables, Styles & Themes
- Module 4: Formatting Functions
Also included in the course:
- Homework assignment to help reinforce your learning
- 24 x 7 x 365 access to the recording
- Transcript of the session
- Vickie’s slides in PDF format
- Certificate of Completion: Every participant will receive a Certificate of Completion! Don’t forget, HR doesn’t know you did this training unless you show them. You worked hard. Reap the rewards!
Why attend a RedCape online course?
- Practical, real-world content you can immediately apply
- Valuable time spent in class results in 1.5 hours of time saved per week. That’s 78 hours per year!
- Engaging instructor w/ live Q&A
- High retention rate
- Recording is always included
- 98% of previous attendees recommend RedCape sessions
- 100% of IT pros recommend RedCape sessions for end users
$197 USD Non-Members – Purchase Now
$0 Academy Members – Access in the library
$300 USD Academy Membership + this Course & other member benefits – Join the Academy
Technology: Microsoft Excel
Applies to PC versions: Office 2010, Office 2013, Office 2016 and
Mac versions: Office 2011, Office 2016
Date: Now available On Demand
Total Learning Hours: 1.5 hours
- Executive, personal, and virtual assistants
- Business owners and solopreneurs
- Financial professionals and analysts
- Event planners
- IT Pros/Trainers
- HR Professionals
- Marketing & Sales Professionals
- Anyone who uses Excel
Want to Train Your Team?
You’ll want the single-site license to this course so that you can broadcast the session in a conference or training room. A single-site license comes with a Facilitators Guide to help you successfully deliver the course as if Vickie was there on-site with you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information about a single-site license for your office.
Attention Mac Users!
Although Vickie will be demonstrating the features using Excel for Windows, the same exact concepts apply to a Mac platform. When Mac is significantly different from the PC, we will include resources for you in the Library for you to access with the replay.
Working towards Certification?
This course may be eligible for CEU/CPE/CLE credit. Consult the rules of your employer, licensing board, or certifying body if the continuing education credit may be earned for participating in this event and how credit may be utilized. After completing the course, you will be provided an Attendance Verification letter as a proof-of-attendance form.